--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "New Beetoap" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi, I thought I included your post? You were commenting on the
need
> for mixed uses. I was agreeing with that, but then saying that it
> doesnt look like much has been done given the years that have gone
> by.
>
> I can see why there is a lot of criticism of how its been handled.
> I'm still thinking of the big promo with Springsteen concerts and
> all.
>
> The places to stay are out of my price range, as are the 'nicer'
> clubs and shops. The key to any good revitalization of a down and
> out area is a mix thats affordable.
>
> I dont see it and there is really not much entertainment wise in
> reality. Funny that you dont think the boardwalk looks 'cheap',
> perhaps you dont know what a place like the bandstand building is
> supposed to look like?

We are in agreement on mixed uses.....

We disagree on the renovated pavilions....I don't think they look
cheap.  Although I think we need to give the boardwalk a bit more
time before we cast a final judgement, it is still a work in
progress.

I have seen some of the pictures Oak has posted of the pavillions
and also viewed them prior to contruction last summer....my feeling
is that most people would feel that the pavillions looked tired
prior to the renovation and they look better today?  Maybe someone
can start a survey on this?......it would be interesting to see the
results.  Pavillion appearance this summer versus last summer?

John