--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sandpiper15" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <hinge98@> wrote:
> >
> > Would it be too much to ask for just one arcade. Something cool,
with
> old school Skee Ball.
> > Something with a retro design, not modern.
> >

> There used to be a building at the east end of Wesley Lake that
had
> something like that.
>
> Oh, wait...

LOL, ROLFLMAO - I was waiting for someone to 'mention' that little
detail.

Saving Tillie ranks up there among the worst conceived and misguided
projects ever passed off as Historic Preservation.

The Palace was the Real Macoy, an authentic continuous historic
evolution from the 1800s to the 1980s. The oldest indoor amusement
arcade in the Country, The oldest Round-About in the Country, one of
the largest Carousels in the Country....

A ready made tourist destination...museum...theme restaurant...

Unbeleivable that it was destroyed and all hail the saving of a
concrete block wall with a grinning face.

Sad, very sad...

Werner