--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No, Bruce's right to speak isn't the same as mine.
>
> He can committ microphone abuse; I can't.
>
> He has the ability to attract many ears for a spacific purpose
> (music).
>
> When he then uses the mic for somehting other than music, that's
> microphone abuse.
>
> Bruce should shut up and sing.

Its not that he doesn't have a right to say it, its just that he has
the power to say it.  He should realize that not all of his fans dont
share the same views as him, and keep his mouth shut during his
concerts... if he wants to rant at a rally I have no problem with
that, but otherwise keep your opinions to yourself.  He does it at
his concerts too... brings politics into certain songs... during the
Magic tour he brought up issues of politics before some of his
songs... I paid to go see him perform his music, not lecture me on
how to vote.  I would prefer that all artists stop using politics and
perform their music, but that wont happen.  If your song has a
message, it should be evident enough in the lyrics and people should
be smart enough to realize the message the song is trying to
portray... I dont need a famous face to tell me what my political
views should be... I'll form them myself and not try to preach them
among millions of complete strangers.

These celebrities and musicians have more money than any of us could
ever imagine... they dont live the same lives as us and shouldnt be
telling us how to live or vote, no matter what side of the spectrum
they fall.

On a related note, I love the section in the coaster that asks the
opinions of current events among local residents... you get to hear
real voices of neighbors and everyday normal people.