John man you are harsh sometimes. i totally understand your anger and
exasperation with the republicans. take heart in the fact that many on
that side are being very critical. some long time republican is
quitting due to his distaste for his own party. virginia i think.

i agree they wouldn't be complaining if it were pro republican and i
really reject the notion that art and politics should be separate. i
also don't understand the expectation that anyone should silence their
passions. bands like NOFX ARE their passions. springsteen has been
around enough not to have to censor himself and how sad it would be if
he did.

no offense arcman but how much you respect him don't mean dick to him
and that is the way it should be. if we are to live as free expressive
beings, we don't monitor our behavior based on whether someone
respects us or not. if he were a man who thought "i better watch what
i say or people wont like me and fork over the cash" he would never be
the extraordinary artist and citizen that he is. he would be a version
of britney spears.