--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Gabrielle Obre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> no offense arcman but how much you respect him don't mean dick to him
> and that is the way it should be. if we are to live as free expressive
> beings, we don't monitor our behavior based on whether someone
> respects us or not. if he were a man who thought "i better watch what
> i say or people wont like me and fork over the cash" he would never be
> the extraordinary artist and citizen that he is. he would be a version
> of britney spears.

I saw two of his concerts this past year, and would have gone again if
I could have afforded to spend the money this summer... I love his
music, that will never change. And no matter how many times he talks
politics at his concerts, I will still like his music.  I'm not going
to say to myself "well I wont go pay to see his shows because he talks
about politics" because thats stupid... my $100 doesnt make a
difference to him.  I pay to see his shows for his music... and as a
fan of his music, I wish he would make his concert about that.  He's
one of the greatest musicians of all time, and a terrific artist.  That
being said, Alex Rodriguez is an amazing baseball and a tremendous
athlete... but that doesn't mean I would go to a game to see him talk
about his political views, no matter what they even are.  I just wish
musicians like Bruce would respect the fact that not everyone agrees on
politics and his words really aren't educated or informative enough to
make people agree with his views... their just rants.

I think thats enough politics for me.  Now I'm guilty of talking
politics in this group when I spoke out for eliminating these
conversations in favor of more AP related topics.

Anybody have any information about what the heck is going on with the
Convention Hall facade work?