The Right only feels this way when the singer isn't supporting
Republicans. Lee Greenwood doesn't get the shut up and sing
treatment. Ted Nugent doesn't get the shut up and sing treatment.
Nor does Gloria Estefan, Amy Grant, Frank Sinatra Jr., Pat Boone,
Ricky Martin, Michael W. Smith, Jessica Simpson, Jose Feliciano, Jaci
Velasquez, Emilio Navaira (Tejano), Donnie McClurkin, Chubby Checker,
Johnny Mathis, Pat DiMizio, Jon Secada, Harry Wayne Casey (KC & the
Sunshine Band), Donny Osmond, Marie Osmond, Gracie Rosenburger, Andre
3000, Mike Love (Beach Boys), Van Cliburn, Mike Curb, Don McLean,
Dean Torrence, John Popper, Frankie Avalon, Wendy Moten, Johnny Lang,
Doris Day, Wayne Newton, or Britney Spears.

They're all about attempting to silence criticism of the disasterous
Bush Years. Good luck with that.