Thank You so much---You are right.  So many people on Cookman are working their
hardest to make the Downtown a great destination for locals and tourists alike.
 The only way any of us is going to make it through this time of trouble is to
support and promote each other.  I will be happy to carry any information to
give out to the public for you.  We have a community table in front where we
would be happy to put your flyers.

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 13:58:33
+0000Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: On Asbury....

Debbie I agree.... with what is happening in the world.. wouldnt it be great to
comment on all the great things that are happening in town... we had 400 people
on a zombie walk.. might not be "mainstream" but it was a huge huge success...
we have new stores opening on Cookman Ave... kathy kelly from Paranoramal Books
is working tirelessly and with out 1 thank you.. to make a huge holloween
celebration in town...you have shelter home.. with great gifts...accessories
for the home.. they are always open..well lit and a great place to shop... I
sponsered the NJ gay mens chorus on saturday....they had a huge group in front
of my restaurant(plan b) MM is not here to save downtown... they are here to
help support the work of those of us who have bought homes in town ( i live on
park ave)... built businesses... and as residents of town.. we need to support
everything that we can.. show up at the free events... and if we have a cpl of
bucks.. have a coffee.. have a drink.. have a appetizer.. a meal in downtown...
and tell our extended networks how great AP is...This economic downturn is
going to hit people hard... I think more so in AP where the downtown..and the
boardwalk do not have enough years of stable economic growth. this year.. take
your xmas, chanukah shopping budget and spend it in Asbury Park... when you
have to take someone out for their bday..anniversary.. that special night.. do
it in AP... I know that i try to do everything I can in town...I want my
business to succeed and I want to protect my investment in my home....so lets
all work together on rebuilding this great place...stop pointing fingers and
who does what wrong and whos responsible...and do what is for the good of this
city.--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Debbie DeLisa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:>> > I think it is very sad that this group has focused all of their time
and energy on politics and judgemental comments on Madison Marquette and the
City Council. At this time in our lives where we are facing an extreme
financial crisis we should be trying to support each other and surround this
board with positive thoughts. On Monday the Asbury Park Press ran a 2 page
article on the Doggy Yappy Hour at The Wonder Bar. Not one person from this
group mentioned it or took the time to comment on it. This is what brings our
community together---Positive events we can share with others from our
neighborhood and out of town. It is not about drinking---I don't drink--it is
about comraderie and being able to share quality time with a pet who shows
unconditional love. The most important result of this article was before noon
on Monday we had 7 calls for adoptions from as far away as Pennsylvania. The
look in these little one's eyes when they are bundled up and taken to a nice
warm home is all I need to make me feel that THIS is what life is all about! >
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 04:59:12
+0000Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: On Asbury....> > > > good questions. who DOES
run ap? part of me doesn't care. part of me does.but i DO care about who is bad
mouthing CH. Sharon you go in there andtell me you think its 'sorry'. there is
nothing sorry about the place. --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, 'sharon_b283'
<sharon_b283@> wrote:>> Which raises the point, one MO time; Who runs Asbury
Park? I know> that the Council has their regularly scheduled meetings, 1st and
3rd> Wednesdays, they do great parades, sponsor great events, are great> people
individually, but what was signed away or taken over with or> without their
permission? Did MM buy the boardwalk and beach, too?> > Every time I read here
that Convention Hall looks 'sorry' inside it's> doors, I think, 'Where are the
City Officials' and 'When is anyone> going to complain about it, where it
matters'? Could someone tell me> where to complain, officially?> > ---In
AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, 'wernerapnj' <wernerapnj@> wrote:> >> > --- In
AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, 'Gabrielle Obre'> > <gabrielleobre@> wrote:> > >> >
> i never got the problem with the containers...it was a cheap and> > >
creative way to quickly put up income generating space and gavepeople> > > an
opportunity to have a small biz. you need to have cash coming in> > > no? i
doubt it stopped anyone from coming here. whoever complains> > > about them
needs to get over their sad ass selves. and i hopeyou are> > > all as good
looking as you want everything else to be. i hopethey are> > > here next
summer.> >
They are on property not owned by APartners or MM.> > They pay no property tax
on the land or structures.> > They diverted $$$ from improving tax paying
pavilions.> > The City needs Tax revenue.> > The City (public, public property)
is being abused.> > They are visually intrusive in a Historic District.> > > >
Unfortunate that you think such concerns are 'sad assed'.> > > > Werner> >> > >