--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sandpiper15" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Asbury's west side failures nearly mirror the failures of the east side.

Both sides of the tracks had corruption issues.

Can you count how many tens of millons have been invested in the west
side? How you ask - all the programs that went to landlords of all
races who got away with taking advantage of people or the more so, the
system of providing housing. It's not just the landlords. It's the
system. From those that receive to those that distribute the funds and
lobby for the funds. The allocations, the contracts, the inspections.
You name it.

I spoke to a girl the other day.

She is on the waiting list in Long Branch for a house from the LBHA. I
think she said she thinks she would have to pay $175 for a 2 bed unit
in Long Branch's newer housing authority units. They are new, modern
and clean. $175 month...

I have placed a couple tenants now that more less live rent free. That
includes rent and utilities. So say an average 2 bedrooom with heat and
all utilties would be around $1200 minimal.

People need work and people need an education or they need the system.
A Dr told me today that there cases in the hospital where a drug addict
walks in, gets rehab for one week, then goes back on the street for 3
weeks, then back in again. That cost the hospital $20k per visit.