You write some of my feelings in a more adult manner. thanks, i too am
enjoying AP in all stages of its metamorphosis.

i find this need to see asbury as some sort of iconic town living up
to its past interesting. why can't it simply be a town of great music,
delicious food, a fun place to drink, a safe place to spend money, a
good place to have a business etc. in my experience it is those things
right now.  its also a great place to get your bike stolen..we caught
our thief last night. the ap police are a pleasure to deal with.

i have no idea if there are shady dealings with MM and the city. we
will never find out via the APP. Many thanks are due to Maureen for
her efforts at providing info and maintaining her site. i still think
a cooperative news/info site would be amazing, but understand the
difficulties.

sorry to all those disturbed by the aesthetics, i think asbury is
beautiful. i am grateful for that, makes my existence more enjoyable.
i was chatting with a man with architect experience and as we had some
wine at the bb we fantasized about what would look great along the BW.
my first dream was an Alexander Calder like sculpture/bdg...off to the
Whitney to see his Paris works.

Newbee...not sure what to say to you. the board is small minded,
asbury is a joke to you, you don't live here and havent been in a
while. i just don't get your presence here then. asbury doesn't need
to be a pacifier to all those with romantic childhood memories.

i never thought i would be in the position of defending a developer,
but i would like people to think about what it takes to open the
number of businesses they are linked to, create the number of jobs in
those businesses and deal with the politics, red tape and suspicious
citizens, and the legacy of widespread corruption and decay. i don't
see MM as any sort of Saviour, but lets be real...what would AP look
like right now without them? about the bandstand...what are the *&^
facts? why would there have been repair if it was doomed?  i have
asked this before.

and werner...i fought with myself for 15 minutes before writing
this... it is clear the value you provide. the people who locked you
up are ridiculous human beings in my mind. but can you just sit
yourself in the seat of a developer getting harangued about timelines
from a guy whose own home would draw complaints about aesthetics and
finished quality? and wasn't the community response a testament to an
undeniable beauty of this place?

too much already..but...it seems clear to me that the success of a
community doesn't lie in the fulfilling of pet agendas of an
individual or small group. asbury is not going to live or die based on
shipping containers, a bandshell or if the water park is open this
summer or next. each of us are going to have disappointments to our
own ideals, but its not about us as individuals.