--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, denise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But at the same time a certain name has hurt some people.  Someone
could have a master's degree and have graduated at the top of her
class but because her name on the application for employment was
Shamika she was never even considered for the job.

Because the READER of that resume associates the name Shamika with
something negative. The same reason I guess my father called himself
Joseph eventhough his birth certificate says Giuseppe and he took
Patrick as his confirmation name.

A rose by any other name ....