> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, denise <denisemchd@> wrote:
> >

> > But at the same time a certain name has hurt some people.  Someone
> could have a master's degree and have graduated at the top of her
> class but because her name on the application for employment was
> Shamika she was never even considered for the job.

That happened at Brookdale a few years ago. I think it was actaully
reverse discrimination. The guy submitted two resumes. One with his
real name, the other with what he thought they were looking for. He
wound up suing and winning.

Like applying for a job with companies or state. You get back a 3x5
card asking you check off  some stuff "that will not be used in the
hiring process". Never a box for "jewish" (Other _x___) or married
or "needs a job otherwise I wouldn't be applying how about looking at
my skills".