--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "oakdorf" <oakd...@...> wrote:

> How you measuring progress?
>
> I see progress as I have two kids now employed by an AP merchant.
>
> For me, that's progress - I'm not handing out gas money or clothing $ to
> them. Progress.
>
> Next summer, my 12 year kid and me will be celebrating my 50th and her
> 21st... We're going to have a drink or two to celebrate. It was just
> yesterday she was climbing around some haunted buildings.
>
> I was lucky then it was cheap entertainment. I was more scared then they were.
>
> Progress.

I guess the immediate impact between you and your kids is positive. Don't you
look beyond that? That's all you consider? I hope you're kidding - right?

You should probably read  www.state.nj.us/dca/lgs/authreg/statutes/40a_12a_1.pdf

40A:12A-2. Findings, determinations, declarations
2. The Legislature hereby finds, determines and declares:

a. There exist, have existed and persist in various communities of this State
conditions of deterioration in housing, commercial and industrial
installations, public services and facilities and other physical components and
supports of community life, and improper, or lack of proper, development which
result from forces which are amenable to correction and amelioration by
concerted effort of responsible public bodies, and without this public effort
are not likely to be corrected or ameliorated by private effort.

b. From time to time the Legislature has, by various enactments, empowered and
assisted local governments in their efforts to arrest and reverse these
conditions and to promote the advancement of community interests through
programs of redevelopment, rehabilitation and incentives to the expansion and
improvement of commercial, industrial, residential and civic facilities.