--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <hing...@...> wrote:

> Once people start thinking they are entitled is the beginning of the end.
> This was a disaster class snow storm. We all had plenty of warning. The big
> picture is not about the response, but how the people are equipped to deal
> with it. Complaining after the fact does nothing. The real focus should be on
> why did people ignore the warnings and chose to drive, and then get stuck and
> block the process of cleaning the mess. We've come to a point in our culture
> when we either blame others because people don't want to accept the blame, or
> blame the government that we think is too big for not serving us. Honestly,
> toughen up and get over it.

There will always be assholes in the world. But I think the abandoned car bs is
overplayed here and in NYC. They started too late and did not do enough. I saw
abandoned cars and the roads could have still been plowed better where they
were stuck but weren't. I bet a lot got stuck because the roads were not plowed
in time. How the f$ck do major highways remain shut down two days after a storm
has ended. Give me a break. I am beginning to think that a lot was done on
purpose because of cuts here and in NYC. Two trucks can plw an entire highway.
What the hell is the problem?