So what you're saying is, if someone has a job as a paramedic, heart surgeon or
air traffic controller, they should just stay home until city, county and state
governments mount an adequate response to the snow?

While I agree with your point about taking action instead of complaining, this
is one case where the government response to an important need was inadequate.
For example, Route 35 in Ocean Township looked like a war zone, even at 11 pm
on Tuesday.  At the same time, the parking lots of the Monmouth Mall, Wegman's,
and even Red Lobster were all infinitely better than the state highway.  Why
are these private enterprises so much more capable of clearing the snow?

...and I'm a fairly liberal Democrat, but I can admit when the public sector
F's up.