Actually, I think you misunderstood what I was saying

I mean, completely misunderstood everything I said, considering I basically
said everything Mr Keady said.

-----Original Message-----
From: "2fast4u" <sharon_b...@yahoo.com>
Sender: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 12:01:49
To: <AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Gunshots in windows and ongoing crime in AP

You misunderstood what he's saying.  It's true, AP boardwalk, doesn't
have the crime, indicative of Sea Side Heights.  I'm surprised also that there
hasn't been any uprisings since 1970, seeing that nothing
has been done on the West Side until now and it's generally an
obstacle course to get through the streets when they were all torn up
and what few businesses that thrive over there came close to closing,
no thanks to the City that "allowed" the out of County contractor
to disrespect the African American Community over there.

What is it about Jim, that riles you to want to have harm visit him?
He valiantly speaks for ALL who live here, including me!  I've lived
in Monmouth County over 40 years; 20 years in AP, 20 in Neptune and
18 months in Belmar.  Are you a part of the solution or part of the problem?
Gangs just didn't pop uo here.  It was years in coming to
an area, depressed by poverty and unemployment.  Substandard housing and racial
discrimination of all forms.

Do you think the schools in AP got bad overnight?  I've heard countless stories
about what really happened here.  Sending districts began sending their
students to Ocean Township and Red Bank, making
Asbury Park virtually all Black/Hispanic and as far back as 1972, a
substandard school system.  That's just for starters.  So if a
man who happens to be white and a Christian in every sense, feels
passionate about anyone not living their dream, you want harm to come to?

Please, you sound just like the rest of the "newbies", who have no clue that AP
is NOT SoHo South, but a microcosm of everything that's
wrong with this country.  When 2 million Blacks and Hispanics are
incarcerated, yet make up 12% of the population, something is definitely wrong
with this picture.  If teachers aren't teaching our kids, I say fire them all
and get some who are interested in teaching
us the way I was taught 50 years ago.  I believe too, the Police,
Firefighters and Emergency technicians have more than they can handle.

The State Police have patroled Asbury's streets ever since the riots.
The Authorities need to get to the bottom of how sophisticated, gangs
have become.  They operate out of the prisons and offer unsupervised
youths a "glamorous" life, money and a false sense of security, where
none is offered at home.  Television offers up a glamorous lifestyle
to youths living in the ghetto, promising them "bling" like the pros have.
Role models begin at home.  My son works a gang intervention
program.  Instead of criticizing someone's "opinion", you should
offer help, but you're too busy texting on your smart phone!
I know Jim and he works for JUSTICE for ALL!