"If you've moved here thinking that it's all Wonder Bar, boardwalk
> and Stone Pony, you've moved to the wrong place!"

Getting away from the race issue for a second... This is a gentrifying
community. There have been a ton or condos flooded onto the market in the past
however many years. Why do you think people want to move to a gentrifying
community? It is for the positives of course! People move to be close to the
beach, boardwalk, and yes the Stone Pony (entertainment). Housing is a bit
cheaper here than in other beach communities because of the other issues
(namely crime). I do not think many people would say, I want to move to Asbury
Park and start a business or renovate an old house because I feel like being in
the midst of gang violence. I am sure there are some who came here to do great
things, and I am sure many people are doing great things, but there are many
people who just came here to live/work at the beach and there is nothing wrong
with that either! Their tax dollars are paying the city and their dollars at
the local establishments are making changes.