On 14/08/2011 10:43 πμ, Tsirkin Evgeny wrote:
Hi all.
Yes ,we are still using the apache::asp ,it is a great peace of software
after all.
And we want to thank the original authors for the work they have done.
Anyway ,it looks like there is not a lot of going on with the module now.
Still, we are maintaining a very big application that uses it.
We use perl + Apache::ASP extensively .
I guess there are others out there in our position.
Also, It looks like there is a need for at least one patch being applied .
So ,maybe the original authors want to take the maintenance back?
Or is there anybody with write permissions on the module in CPAN?
We don't want any changes etc...  just to make sure that everything works.
Thanks
Evgeny

I have numerous fixes for Apache::ASP including the one mentioned here.
I'd gladly pick up maintenance for Apache::ASP if Josh is willing to let me have it and is actually following this list. Truth is I haven't heard from him since 20090328 when we were discussing a generic Apache::Session interface for state management. I have this thing working in-house but numerous requests for comments on this very list went unanswered. I naturally thought Apache::ASP is dead (at least for the rest of the world) and went along happily using our in-house version. Said patch is rather large and (at the moment) ugly, but seems to work just fine. I also have a patch for geany (version 0.18 sadly) to work with perl powered asp pages and a wordlist for ultraedit to do the same thing.
So:
- Josh, if you're listening and feel like it, would you please resume maintaining Apache::ASP ? - If you are listening but don't care, would you give co-maintainer status to someone ? - If neither is happening, we'll either need to fork off some other namespace or have an unofficial distribution. I did the second one by accident once and it's not overly complicated, though instead of ``perl -MCPAN -e'install Apache::ASP''', one would need ``perl -MCPAN -e'install authors/W/WHOEVER/Apache-ASP-X.Y.Z''' or some such. It's certainly not the best solution, but it is workable.

Best Regards,
Thanos Chatziathanassiou