Hi R

We travelled a couple of years ago from Chennai to B'lore and back.

The trains (Satabdi Express) were very good. In fact, we barely made it to
the train station and the train left on the dot at 6 am. The service too was
great (I think there is only one class  - AC chair). They provide good
food/bottled water all the way. No wayside vendors and others bothering you
and lastly clean/comfy compartments.

We were impressed.

But - we keep hearing and reading that the trains to and fro the NE are
jusst deplorable
- to get the whole shibang of credit, Lalu would need to fix the NFR too.

--Ram