this is shameful .....that too a cabinet  minister told parliament about these
distorted fugures on
 US NRIs ( not required  Indians ..phew)

read -
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_rising_in_US_Govt_falls_victim_to_net_hoax/articleshow/2856295.cms

does it really matter whether 50% of dunkin donuts or 30 % of seven elevens  in
New Jersey  are owned by NRIs or 10% of docs in USA are Indians .......WHO
CARES....
what was he trying to prove here ..that 1000s like us ( Phoren paglas!!) left
India years back coz there were lack of opportunities/ came here  for a better
life   :-) , :-)

time will be better spent if these ministers talk about .....just one example -

a. How many hours in a day  citizens in major cities and or villages  in India
get running water  ?

we dont get to see scorecards on such basic stuff ...never ....