agree with Chandanda, baidow and Mukulda..

absolutely ...just wondering who is the audience here  for this minister in
India

a. Is it  our fellow countrymen ?
If yes what is the message here for our fellow country men, leave India in
hordes to better yr life. Lets be blunt  here .......folks like us have left
home for  better economic opportunities period .
Minister saheb  needs to know that  20 years back standing infront of US
consulate  was not a very happy experience  in Calcutta without knowing if u
will get yr visa ..... remember those days !!

b. Is it the NRIs ?

if yes i will say ..thank you very much Minister sahab  i dont need yr applause
.
I will help my country if at all i want to   in my own small way and you are
not getting any credit for it..... Send money to  my parents, any charitable
contribution, open business , invest  etc.
c. I GOI is making a point - hey look these NRIs are our school /Univ products
and  are doing so well.

I will humbly say yes very grateful for the schooling opportunities. But then
why we left India after class 12 ( eg my case) or after univ or found a job
abroad  .  70s and 80s were  lost decade in India economically ..people
struggled to get jobs , there were only two options for us ...either become a
doc or an engineer .......and god forbid if if your marksheet had poor scores
....all yr dreams were shattered.......

We are lucky to have few good individuals like Manmohan Singh in early 90s who
helped our nation to change  economic course and bcoz of that we are seeing
economic surge in certain industries like IT etc ..world is coming to us and
many business opportunities are opening up in many other sectors...its all good
for our youth...they dont have to  leave India  like we did ...that should be
the message from our NETAS   and not throw these feel good  stats in parliament.

India is at cross roads economically ....one section of our society  is
steaming ahead ..but then what will happen to 70% of  rural folks ? where will
the jobs/investment  come in Indias heartland ? why Indian farmers are not able
to make agriculture a profitable entity ? will leave this topic for some other
time.
byeeee