* Eric Scheid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-05-20 17:50]:
>         <contributor>
>             <category term="Author"/>
>             <name>Barnable Foo</name>
>             <.../>
>         </contributor>

+1

Very elegant.

As for the inheritance problem this does bring up: the current
spec implicitly defines that no inheritance from the feed takes
place when an entry has its own author element, because there is
only ever one author for any entry, so if itâs the one at the
entry level, it canât be the one at the feed level. I suggest
that the same approach be chosen in case of this atom:contributor
element, just explicitly. Trying to specify a merging scheme here
would be boiling the ocean.

However, it does pose a problem of default semantics. Do we
define particular categories in the spec? If we donât, do we
define a default category to be assumed in absence of explicit
category elements in the document? If we do, do we define such
a default?

Lastly, the atom:byline should be optional for those publishers
who wont to control presentation, IMO.

Aristotle