On 6/17/05, Bob Wyman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Joe Gregorio wrote:
> > The one thing missing from the analysis is the overhead, and
> > practicality, of switching protocols (HTTP to XMPP).
>         I'm not aware of anything that might be called "overhead."

I was referring to switching both the client and server from running
HTTP to running XMPP. That may not be practical or even possible
for some people. Yes, I understand that you run this right now.
Yes, I understand that you run a business doing this right now.
Yes, I agree that your solution is one way to solve the problem.

Do you agree that 99.99% of all syndication is done via
HTTP today and also offering an HTTP based solution would be of value?

   -joe

--
Joe Gregorio        http://bitworking.org