Henry Story wrote:

I am ok with next, prev, ... but I suppose I do have a question
that is similar to Marks: how do I know in what order the results
are listed? Are they in historical order? Are these feeds grouping entries in alphabetical order, in inverse historical order? Perhaps in alphabetical order of author,...

Ordering of the entries is orthogonal to the paging of the feeds. Some other means of specifying the order of entries would be used (e.g. feed rank or whatever else)

Again next, prev, first, last deal very well with paging. how do we specify the order? Is this related to the query? Should there be a default order for
subscription feeds? Should the ordering information be specified in the
feed?

Take a look at my feed rank proposal and let me know what you think.

- James