Re: Where do you get your music?

@Figment, I did the same with itunes, turning off everything, which indeed was how I found the sidebar thing sinse I noticed much more hassle and far less feedback about position when I turned it off as opposed to when it was on, a shame Apple did away with it altogether in Itunes 12.
As to Ribbons, I'm afraid I'm with Sebby here, give me a streight menue with clear submenues any day that has horizontal categories and vertical subcategories.
I also personally am not a huge fan of curser specific stuff sinse generally you need to pin the curser to wherever you want before looking at the top of the screen with a virtual curser, which is just needless extra hassle and memorization where as an old style menue bar just has everything in the same place whatever.
A menu bar doesn't have to clutter the interface, you can hide them and just get there with alt.

However, this is again why there should be customizable interfaces rather than the tendency of "you will get what your given and like it!" which is something both Apple and Microsoft are guilty of.

As to Mp3va, yeah, i checked all those "all results" but with the results spread over different random genres I wasn't exactly sure which link was best to look where for something like John Williams. I'll have another go and see if I can make a bit more sense of the thing.