Re: Where do you get your music?

@Dark, I see what you mean now, I tried the search for "John Williams" and noticed that many of the albums that were movie soundtracks were classified as easy listening or orchestral when they really should have been classified as soundtracks. It just means that you may have to try several different searches to find what you want. Still, it does show that their indexing of their collection could be better.

If I recall correctly, the sidebar was already gone or I was unaware of it when I first started using iTunes because of the purchase of an iPod about two years ago. It's possible it was there and I was just unaware of it, at that time I was new to JAWS too. After I was a lot more familiar with JAWS I tried several iTune scripts for JAWS and found that not one of them made iTunes any better and that most made it worse since iTunes had been changed since they were written and the script's author apparently weren't all that concerned about keeping the script up to date. I even tried BlindTunes, a JAWS script being sold as a commercial product, and it wasn't any better than most of the other free script, or iTunes all by itself without the help of any scripts.

So for now, iTune will be stripped back to just being a way to backup my iPhone. Now if only there was a way to move the iTunes data folder out of the music folder.

There are some other digital music stores I want to look at, though I think most employ the use of some proprietary downloader and may also emply some form of DRM.