Re: Where do you get your music?

@Dark

Above each results table there is usually a link to see all results, did you try any of those?

You're probably right about the sidebar. When I first got the iPod and was trying to load my music library on it, I found it so frustrating that I eventually got sighted help to do the initial sync. After that, for over a year, I avoided the iTunes program. It wasn't until a couple of months ago that I got enough courage and determination to try to get to some point of being able to do something useful with it.

It doesn't take long to figure out that the iTunes user interface is very cluttered. That was one of the reasons why I went through the view menu and turned off anything that didn't need to be visible all the time. Most of that stuff can be accessed via the pull down menus when you need them. That helped a bit with the clutter, but it was still pretty messy.

Cluttered user interfaces was one of the reasons why I liked Microsoft 9;s ribboned user interfaces in Office, instead of all those options in all those ribbons being on the screen all the time, they are only on the screen when you need them. You do have to learn which ribbons things are on, but for the most part the ribbons name help with that.

I don't recall the names of the programs now, but I did run into several programs that had "What You See Is What You Need" user interfaces. Basically what was in the menus and toolbars depended on what the cursor was focused on. It made for a fairly clean and mean user interface and I recall hoping the idea would catch on.

Since iTunes is being relegated to the task of backing up my iPhone and nothing else, I am looking at CD rippers, At present I'm considering Audio Grabber, Deep Ripper, and MP3 Ripper. Audio Grabber and MP3 Ripper offer both free and paid for versions. Deep Ripper is meant as a companion to Deep Burner which is available in a free and paid for version. For the most part, the disc burning functions built into Windows is all I need, but there are times when you need a disc authoring tool like Deep Burner, so I may go that route, it will all depend on how accessible the programs are.