Re: Where do you get your music?

@Jack, Mp3va seemed to have a weerd organization. I was looking to see if it had stuff I'd be interested in, but instead of giving a standard search list of results,it seemed to have several lists, which was confusing, then if I looked under genre such as film soundtracks it just gave a lot of sub genre boxes and the "best sold" which meant about 13, for example there was nothing by John Williams under  soundtracks which seems loopy to me.
Indeed, I was just trying to search for the soundtrack to the film Hook, which as I said was rereleased in 2013, but I couldn't even get a john williams discography.

Then again, this is one reason I don't like all this "artist" stuff, sinse in anorchestra who is the artist? the composer? the conductor?

Any suggestions? The site might be a good thing but I'd prefer to check it's got the sort of stuff I want before I go sinking money into it, and as I said, charts just don' t interest me in the least.

As to itunes, I did try converting a cd into itunes, but then couldn't find where the tracks had gone, (I looked in my music but no go), that's why I don't trust buying from the thing.
M4a format would be okay in and of itself, but not if the stuff is locked into itunes forever more amen, which seemed to be the case.

I have heard itunes is better on Mac in terms of basic access to the program, but even if I do get a mac I don't see the point o changing my entire media collection and organization around, particularly sinse I've customized winamp for my quad speakers anyhow.
If there ever is a way to buy from itunes on my Iphone and then directly extract the files via usb to do with as I want I might try that, but I doubt that will happen.