Re: Monthly chat March 2016

Well, i had quite the stressful weekend. My pet bird, whom i have had  for 10 years, came down with a bacterial infection. I noticed that she was vometting quite a bit, which in birds means something is quite wrong. Birds are known to hide there symptoms, for survival reasons, if they start displaying illness it's usually to late to save them, especially with a bacterial infection. However, despite this, she survived the weekend, and we got her to a vet yesterday. They gave her vitamin A, and some antibiotics. I thought she wouldn't make it, and i was holding her on Saturday and Sunday, balling, because she just wouldn't stop dry heaving, and i knew she was miserable, it just broke my heart. I never realized how much i love that bird, and while she isn't quite out of the woods yet, i hope her body will be strong enough to make a full recovery. We'll keep giving her antibiotics all this week, and then she gos back to the vet this comeing Monday, for a follow up.