Re: When is the last time anyone has read a braille book?

As I said above, I'm no programmer, designer, craftsman or anything of that nature, but in my very uneducated mind, I see this thing that seems to make some kind of sense. Those of you who know this stuff better than I do, please tell me if what I have written is totally incorrect.

In my mind, I picture a single plastic or metal sheet. This sheet has tiny moving parts (but not little hammers like are in the current braille technology). When these moving parts receive an electric signal, they fold in on themselves so they seem to be three-dimensional, and as they raise, the plastic or metal sheet shifts to adjust itself so that it is still in place.

It is just this idea that has been floating around in my mind, and I am fairly sure that it is absolutely a waste of my time, but I thought I would put it out there anyway.