Re: Monthly chat July 2016

I'll confess as I've said before, the hole Nfb "our way or else! we are your god! you must take all our classes to be successful and if your not it's your own fault" mentality has always been something I've been a bit wary of, though interestingly enough when I just asked my lady if she'd ever been involved with the Nfb what with her growing up in the states, her response was "Aren't they really weerd? They always seemed a bit nuts to me"

Fare enough if people find it useful, though I have seen far too many blind people in the Uk literally harmed by the one size fits all "this is what blind people should be like" approach to think to  much of it.

I will say as I've said before culture in the states seems over all more extravert. In some sense this is good since I've noticed that the "waaaah! blind person" syndrome that occurs upon meeting anyone new is slightly less, equally however people do fail to understand that intravertion exists, indeed as I've said before one astounding fact about my lady and I is that we both have about the same intravertion quotient, (perhaps her more than me in some ways), so we're quite content to curl up together and read or discuss books or games or what not for long periods, indeed with wedding preparation being somewhat nuts, we basically spent all of yesterday just reading together, which was nice.

Today is going to be hechtic, packing things for the wedding and sorting out music and what not, then my lady, her sister and several of her female friends are going out for a hen night at a very very nice Italian restaurant, ---- since any of my friends (of both genders), who I'd be tempted to have a sort of pre-wedding thingy with are on the other side of the atlantic at the moment, I'll probably wait until we do a repeat performance of the wedding in the Uk for my own attempt at this.

As to games, I loe the battle mode collection aspect of crazy party, though i'm interested to see what gets added in next version. I confess I actually find fighting random computer opponents one on one more fun than online multiplayer battles at the moment, though maybe that's because I haven't gatherecd enough cards of some of the more arsy types to form decs, or maybe it's because I just haven't spent enough time what with everything else.

Cosmic rage is looking good, indeed as I said in the topic I'd love to find a decent space game, so I'll be keeping a watch on it, albeit probably not having much time to play for a while given everything else.