Re: Monthly chat July 2016

Well Nocturnus, I'd  definitely never tell peole about their kids unless I thought there was a really!major problem, and probably not then.  Some of it might be more extreme due to the hole disability thing (people on average seem quite free to meddle in the lives of disabled people in general, especially around so called "normal" things), but to an extent all parents probably get something of the same thing.
A good friend of mine who currently has an eighteen month year old child said  she was most impressed that I was the one person she knew who didn't! try to give her pregnancy advice of the "sit down, don't lift that, don't drink that, drink more of this, eat more regularly" type variety. I simply went on the basis that she probably knew far more about being pregnant than I did so if she wanted or needed something she'd just ask, ---- she told me  that sort of attitude was amazingly! rare big_smil
 e.

She actually now has the same problem with her child, though perhaps less in terms of interference in terms of things like your cheatoes experience and other such disability practicality things.

right now we're waiting for wedding guests, or at least my lady's friends who' she's going out with this evening, to arrive, hence why I'm not starting anything.

With space mudsI've still not had the nurve to try miriani. Promethius I tried and liked as far as it went, but it struck me so much was built for people who actually knew and had already played either miriani or star conquest, I found a lot a bit impenitrable. For example no way to examine items in shops before buying to tell what they did, a random thing where you weren't allowed to speak without using one set item in a location etc.

The activities I tried, namely salvaging and tr ash collecting were interesting enough as far as they went, but I didn't even see! anything to fight or any real reason to explore or the like, there were no missions, no quests, no clear objectives, or at least if there were I had no idea where to find them without spamming the channels with requests for advice.

Star Conquest I liked much more in terms of feeling like it had a propper direction and actual activities, as well as a seemingly more coherent world, however the actual systems I just found frustrating, since after four hours of play I'd lost two spaceships due to spammy combat, lost my attack suit due to a misjudgement,   couldn't take out a lone and was basically told "go beg from your alliance" which didn't help.

the fact space combat seemed so ridiculously spammy it was literally impossible to react quickly enough was just plane annoying!

I actually feel a bit sad about this. I loved the ethos, descriptions, quests etc with star conquest, even the need for an rp profile was okay, but why the hell is the game so bloody unforgiving? especially when the deaths were primarily due to spam.

Sorry if that sounds like a winj but I don't like playing a great game for four solid hours and arriving worse off than when I started with literally no way to progress.

Then again, all of this will have to wait a little sinse I'm a trifle busy this weekend and probably can't take on a new game, heck I've had to abandon popmundo though I might go and play some more alter to pass some time.