Re: Monthly chat July 2016

@Dark,
If my past self met me by some fluke of time reversal, it'd tell me never to have children.  Do you want to know what the hardest part of dealing with children is?  Adults!  Everyone and their stupid knows how to raise kids better than you, even if they're supposed to be your kids!  How many people have I already had come up to me and ask me if I was a capable parent in any number of ways?  Because I'm blind?  Because I'm hearing impaired?  Because it's my first time ever having to deal with a child 24/ 7?  Because I'm not yet 30?  Because I eat Flaming Hot Chetos and I might forget to wash my hands and rub the powder into the baby's eyes?  I honestly don't know how many... I gave up counting before I got out of the hospital, right after she was born.
And that's not even getting into the daily basis stuff.  Baby wants to nap?  Too bad; there's adults aroun d acting more like idiots than she is who just, can't get it through their skulls that the baby wants to nap.  Make mention of it and it's, "Put her down, we don't mind, we'll just carry on our business and never mind if it's loud and she just can't get comfortable."  Baby wants to crawl?  Well, lets make sure there isn't any objects she can get hurt on around here we ourselves didn't leave on the ground.  Baby wants to cry?  "That's a no-no!  You can't just let her do that!  Look at her, her face is turning red from all that crying!  You're abusive!  Shame on you!  How does it not bother you!  You're going to get child protective services called in and they're going to take her away!  Look, get her a bottle at least!  Never mind that she spewed milk out a little less than ten minutes ago!  She can't go on like that!  It' ;s miserable!"  If we continue on this collision course as we no doubt must, she'll end up like every other bratty kid I know because spoilage, and then, that's our fault, too!
Ah well, nuff about my complaining.  Having spent one week at an NFB center, I can honestly say I'd never want to go back for any extended amount of time.  While all of them may not require that one follows precisely the same plan, I've heard enough stories from other people who have gone to them and have seen the way they themselves turned out to draw my final conclusions.  Maybe you'll be forced to wear a blindfold, even if you're able to prove that you're totally blind.  Maybe you'll be required to use a particular kind of cane, which I personally believe is so flimsy that all its good for is swinging around and making fun swooshing noises with.  Maybe you'll board talking buses and travel to talking ATM's to dispose of whatever money you get there into talking automated self checkout stations at talking Walmarts, because that's like, all realistic in the real world that's actually real reality with realism.  You'll cook on marked electric ovens and measure out with carefully selected tactle cups and spoons.  You'll walk into a computer room where every machine has JAWS and at least one functional FS braille display.  And you'll like it!
The problem I have with cosmic Rage and games like it is how unoriginal they really are.  This new one actually advertises itself as a Prometheus clone and does nothing to hide that fact whatsoever; even the alliance system is the same one Prom originally had, assuming it doesn't anymore.  You're either Miriani, SC, or some crazy variation on all of that.  I'd like to change that... Eventually.