Re: Winamp going to heavens on 20th of December 2013

Hi.
Regarding putting books, music, podcasts and stuff on an iPhone and iPod touch, I don't understand why people feel like messing around with iTunes. Yeah, iTunes is great if yu like libraries, but if you don't, it's just a huge mess.
As I've mentioned many times before, File app pro using ftp is the way to go. Just use your favorit ftp client, add your iPhone as a favorit and you're good to go. File app pro even supports airplay. smile
I also really feel sad regarding to Winamp. I have never heard about Foobar before, so I can't speak for that.
Winamp is so awesome, so I've managed a blind woman who even don't speak english at all to learn the very basic controls in Winamp, and she are using it every day, without any issues. Just hit enter on the file she wanna play, and use play, stop, fast forward, rewind and all that stuff. Don't mess around with playlists and that crab, just the basics. I like that Winamp can be costumized to all peoples needs.
For me, libraries aren't great at all. I do see why people likes libraries, but when you have music at different places and you just wanna play that damn song, you don't wanna have iTunes to put it in your library if you just wanna play a song from a thumb drive! You know what happens when yu pull the drive out, right? You'll get a nicely error telling that the song can't be located from your library! Imagine a party or simular with friends where someone wanna play songs from his or her mp3 player. Plugs it into your computer, and just wanna play a few songs. Your library will be totally messed up, broken and full of shortcuts to songs which just don't works. And, if you're the kind of person who doesn't care or even worse, don't know where your music is located on your harddrive, you're screwed!
Howev er, I don't know if there are any fixes to this issue. But I do understand why some people really likes libraries and I do see the good things about it.