Re: Aardwolf soundpack?

I agree with Dark about Erion.  The thing that put me off from that is the small player base.  I managed to win so many of the global hunts just because I was the only player actually competing, there was no challenge.
It was fun though, they have a lot of little hourly events and stuff.  Word scrambles and the like.
I don't have a lot of experience with MUD's, I basically have only played AA, this might be going a bit off topic, but what put me off the most about Erion was that I never felt obliged to do any quests.  In AA when you are going through the first few areas of the game you have a series of quests, one leading into the next and you feel obliged to complete them.  I am only on level 20-something now and I can't even say if if it is possible to skip those quests just because I have done all of them.
With Erion I stumbled into places at times that seemed like it should be part of a quest, I run into a room with some king or whatever, or I find the ring of power and there is just nothing to interact with, there is nothing that triggers indications of quests.  When I stumble into areas like that in AA I can at least identify that this should be part of a quest later on, assuming no one talks to you.  But usually they do, you can always find the NPC that gives you the quest for the area.
With Erion I just got sick of the quests being too grindy.  I started Artwolf, but I got the impression like it is going to be a lot like Erion where exploration is not very story driven, but more about just killing things because you were told to.
It would be great to play a mud where the world is a bit more fleshed out like AA's.  If Artwolf has a decent amount of varied quests and interactable NPC's I will give it a try.