Re: Aardwolf soundpack?

Doesn't sound like its for me to be honest. I prefer levelless and classless. I like crafting and stuff, good combat, crafting, immersive world lore, good RP, that's what I like.

I really like ones like CLOK and Lament because they're learn as you do type systems. That suits me because its how things work in the real world. Geas has this cool twist on it though, it works the same way, but there's... hmm, I can't remember what they call it anymore, but there are two levels for each skill, the theoretical, and the practical, those are my terms because I can't remember the correct ones. Basically the practical one is how well you can actually do the thing, and the theoretical is how knowledgeable you are on the subject. What this means is that you can use study books to help you learn skills or languages, but until you put that knowledge into practice, you won't be able to do the thing well at all. It also means that if you don't use the skill, you'll start to lose points. I think you lose practical first then theoretical if it passes a threshold, but its been so long since I've been on Geas I can't remember if its that or the other way around. The good news for players is that a little practice will get you back up to where you were without too much headache. I'd use the analogy of a pianist who was ill or something so couldn't play for a few months. After that, he finds he knows the chord progressions and stuff like that in his head, but he can't hammer them out. That being said, in a few hours of practice, he should begin to feel better about it.

My problem with Geas is that they do a lot of player run stuff, which I love, but the higher level people just don't come around that much so when you need them, its like, well, wait a few days or a week and maybe if you're lucky enough to be on at the same time as they are...