Re: my dream, your nightmare

I've checked out the starmourn site and I believe signed up for the news letter, however again I'm not sure on this one, especially  Ironrealms' fiasco known as legends of zork.

I've heard a lot of conflicting reports about ironrealms games, some sighting their worlds and mechanics as superior, some  calling them pvp hacks, some noting that in character advancement is waaaaay ott as Ironcross said, others mentioning that their games do boil down to pay to win in the end, while others mentioned less than access friendly travel systems and mechanics. Actually I have been meaning to try one or other of Ironrealms games out for myself to determine my own opinion on the matter.

In terms of Starmourn though Ironrealms have had a checkered enough past and reports to make me at least approach anything they're doing with a little caution, besides, I've learned myself over the past   decade or so of watching audiogames development that it's a bad idea to count your games before they're coded and your usually better  putting your time into what is in front of you than always expecting jam tomorrow.

This particularly goes for cases when a developer of an established game is asking for feedback as is occurring in this thread, since however good starmourn, or stellaraeon, or some as yet unnamed space mud in the future might be, Cosmic rage has a major advantage over all of them being that it's up and running now and in the process of improvement, where as any future game not only needs to be released, but needs to be established as having developers willing to listen to their players, and then put the time and effort into improving their game.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : buu420 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Fox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Fox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector