Re: Choice of country for life

While I do think Ironcross's post could have been a bit more tactfully worded, there are times when someone needs to be introduced to the chair leg of truth, as a favorite blogger of mine often says. In this instance, I strongly feel that this is what happened. The constant stream of topics from this person about essentially the same subject are really getting old, and, while I realize that we can simply not click on a topic if we think it won't be interesting, there really is a fine line that shouldn't be crossed when it comes to these sorts of issues. Asking for help is one thing. Hell, I wish that it was more culturally acceptable to do that. Given the fact that this forum is one of the most open I've seen in terms of responses to very sensitive topics, I have a huge respect for the way that it's run, and I always have felt that way. However, there's asking for help, and then there's abusing that help, and I feel like that's what's going on here. I feel I need to speak up about this, because I don't like this community being taken advantage of.

I know what it's like to want to know every little detail of something before I go through with it, but sometimes, there are factors that you cannot prepare for, and you have to allow a certain amount of wiggle room for this to be the case. Soothing your anxieties with constant reassurances, while this is certainly an understandable reaction, can quickly go from being a much-needed safety precaution to being an excuse not to do the thing you want so badly. Of course, there can be circumstances which prevent you from having what you want in the moment, and that is truly one of the most frustrating things we have to deal with in our lives. I don't know what will help in this case, since everyone is different, but I do know that achieving the goal you want to accomplish in the end will change your perspective on things. What won't help, however, is constantly comparing what you have to what others have. It's nice to dream about a better life, but once you get wrapped up in what everyone else has that you can't, it manifests itself in desperate behavior, much like what has been displayed in this constant barrage of posts.