Re: Training Centers

Colorado is nice.  I've been.  I can't speak to their center, but it's apparently popular, and is also a popular area for blind people in general as far as I can tell.  Great public transportation, too (I'm sure everyone now knows what my criteria number 1 is for ideal living environment).
EternalPower17, here's a thing.  They don't need nor want to compete, not really.  This isn't a product that you pay for usually.  In addition, it's not normally a product at all-your organization is going to have their favorite training method/facility, and is going to shoehorn you into that.  Also, given that you don't pay, they're kind of dependent on funding and money from other sources in most cases. So...the let's run this as a business logic kinda goes out the window.  Also also, a lot of people are going to go to the closest anyway, and the density of blindness training centers isn't really one on every corner, after all.  To top that, the organizations (i.e. the NFB) that would normally rate them already have their own or already have a favorite, making them very non-neutral.