Re: CVAA Accessibility Rules Now In Effect

Ethin:

For a long time I continually told developers in conference talks that they should come to these forums to learn about accessibility. I no longer do so, because of you and to a lesser extent JaceK. That is harmful, and it is on your heads. There are developers who now have less information about accessibility and blind gamers as a direct consequence of your actions. Your posts paint a clear picture to any developer reading that blind gamers are not worth their time.

I have told you about things I have seen with my own eyes, as fact. You telling me that you do not believe those things are true, for example "makes what you claim far less believable", is literally calling me a liar.

You think what I'm saying about studios taking CVAA into account is false - here's some evidence for you, a post made today by Ubisoft's accessibility lead, telling other developers that they cannot downplay the importance of CVAA.

https://twitter.com/TisserandDavid/stat … 7755865089

There are already games on the market that have CVAA related functionality in them. See Halo Wars 2, Forza Horizon 4, Battlefield 5.

Ethin wrote:

Can you disprove my claim that it is a bullying tactic [of indies]

Yes. The list of requirements opens with "as far as is achievable", which itself is defined as "within reasonable effort and expense", reasonable including a balance of how much work it would be and how much that would technically and financially impact the product and your company. Therefore the legislation has built in protection for indies, companies are not required to implement things they cannot afford.

Also for what it's worth, first amendment simply means the government can't throw in you in jail for what you say. You have no first amendment right to post on audiogames.net, you posting here is a privilege conferred by the admins.