Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

@334, this is exactly why people need to listen to the leading health experts and not politicians about this. Dr. Faucie
says
that the we don't make the timeline, the virus does. As Bill Gates
points out
, the numbers are increasing, not decreasing. So why, then, are we anticipating this to be all said and done in the matter of two weeks?
I'm finding there are words being thrown around (not necessarily here on this thread) interchangeably that may be painting a different picture other than the reality of our situation here in the states. I've heard people use "lockdown," "quarantine," and "isolation" synonymously, and I think that muddies things up a bit. In my view, at least, lockdown and quarantine are pretty similar -- you are constricted to an enclosed area and are not permitted to leave, nor is anyone permitted in. It's the idea that no one gets in, no one gets out. That's what I think of when I hear lockdown. I don't know of any place in the states that is operating on that basis or even plans to. I understand there may be facilities doing so, but no city has made this a reality, although I know New York governor Cuomo was deeply considering making that choice. I feel isolation is far more of an appropriate term to describe our situation. We are distancing ourselves by remaining in our own homes, but we are legally permitted to go outside to exercise and complete necessary tasks like grocery shopping, banking, seeking medical attention, etc.
Sure, isolation can sure feel like quarantine, but I do believe it is very important to define these terms and understand what we can and cannot do as a society, and furthermore, not conflate the two ideas.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Donavin . Liebgott via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ficho via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ficho via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ficho via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Wes Hollow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector