Re: SoundRTS and the CrazyMod (update 8.1)

Well. First of all, we have to report this bugs to Gean to he'll try repair them.
I try to help gean with this bugs, but... I need time, and of course study the model of class of the game to find the correct sector when is necessary make the changes.

Currently I am studying the source of the game, but find the bug... xD

For trees... currently what does the tree of darkness, sentinel tree or carnivore plants if they can't attack? They does nothing? Currently are useless effects?

@oragma:

For the spook lights, we can immobilize them and give them 2 meters in range. The medicine plants and the serenity trees don't attack, they are not affected
by the problem. There are just the carnivorous plants, the darkness trees and the sentinel trees that must be changed. Maybe we can consider they can be
teleported? If we do that, it just will seem a bit strange that some plants can be teleported and not others.

respecting the trees, y ou can change the damage of sentinel trees to arm level 1 (or 2) that affects only airborn units. The example are with the quicksand skill in the original rules.txt

For carnivorous plants and thorny plants, simply, put to it arm level x to damage only healable units. The necromancers have to take distance of it, and  tree of darkness... jum delete the damage of it, but put one skill to create corpses.

@keyIsFull

Man, the source code isn't in library.zip file. That archives are the compiled python files, you can't modify or extract any line of code from it. The source code is distributed in github from this URL:
https://github.com/soundmud/soundrts

You have to clone it to modify, and make pull request to gean luck.

@victorious:
The serenity tree and medicine plant are already classed as effects, so that means that effects on a tile can be teleported along with regular units. Mysuggestion is to change them into buildings instead, because those won't get teleported.

O, the solution of victorious is perfect! Try if possible use the summon command to invoke a building instead an effect or unit. If is possible do this, the solution is turn all trees and plants into buildings and all its OK with them. They can attack, they can't move, and they can't be teleported. however, the problem with spook-lights continue here. Definitely a temporal solution is reduce they speed to 0.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Pragma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector