Re: What do you think of this video?

Oh, I understand completely. And in a great many cases, I feel like two people can believe two different things and just walk away because their difference of opinion doesn't matter. If he wanted to profess his undying love for the New York Yankees, or was talking about how much he hates shrimp, go for it. I'm not going to argue with that. Or maybe he wants to discuss how he thinks modern music is too simplistic and there's no redeeming characteristics whatsoever. I don't entirely agree, but it's a perfectly valid and basically harmless opinion.
Thing is, that's not the case here. His opinion simply isn't based on factual information. As such, I feel more confident in arguing with it - or did, until I realized it was pointless - and in pressing my own on him a bit. I don't think that makes me a hypocrite. My stance doesn't hurt anyone. If people adopt the stance I'm embodying here, nobody actually gets hurt except those who do demonstrable harm. Everyone else has the opportunity to listen and learn. Contrarily, people who use his rhetoric can and will hurt others, and can do measurable harm. There are opinions which are actively harmful and factually incorrect; Accman's platform is built on several of them.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector