Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

actually, that article isn't right, we've only reported cases where the person was already confirmed to have the virus at the time of death. As for whether the virus killed them, that is more of a grey area I admit, however, it is almost certainly a contributing factor. The virus among other things prevents the red blood cells from transferring oxygen, and that is in fact, the main way it attacks our bodies, that would make any other disease we have much worse as we would find our bodies having a lot more trouble oxygenating themselves, making any struggling systems that are stressed by other diseases more likely to fail.

Therefore, even if the Carona virus doesn't kill you directly and it is another disease, it definitely has a part in it.

and as for the spreading the likely infection cases outward, that is based on the fact of how infectious diseases work in general. If someone has an infectious disease, they are sharing germs with those around them. We do not assume that those around them have it, that's an exaggeration, but we do and should assume that they have been exposed to the virus, whether they contract the illness or not, and many healthy people will not contract the virus at all even if they are exposed to it.

Also remember that one can be a vector for a disease without having it, which is why we are told to be very careful.

in addition, infectious disease outbreaks last longer if there are more vectors to pass the pathogen around. By taking the simple, though admittedly annoying steps. of mask-wearing, social distanceing, and minimizing public exposure, you reduce the number of disease vectors and thus give the virus fewer places to go, causeing many avenues it could travel to dead end.

Keep in mind that Hong Kong is far more densely populated than almost anywhere else and yet, because their compliance rate with the masks and distancing has been 97%, they have become  one of the lowest infection rated places on Earth and also have had only a few deaths, and most of those were foreigners who failed to comply with the safety guidelines. This is proof that  the safety measures work. This also shows that  the public spirit that led to the high compliance rates vastly slows and weaknes the infection. Hong Kong is very close to China, where this whole thing started and yet they have been one of the success stories, and they never even locked down at all.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector