Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

I was a professional musician, and most of my shows were canceled by those who booked them when this all started, even slightly before it actually and that's because people were becoming afraid right out of the starting gate. I should, as I write this, be somewhere other than home right now as I would normally be in one of my busiest times of the year. However, it wouldn't have been lucrative for me to go, especially given how few shows I would have had in the end. I consider my career lost because I have no idea when this fear, which I believe to be the real pandemic, will end. As long as these regulations are in place, I am not going to be able to do my shows. I especially will not be performing with a bloody mask on my face. There is nothing for work available where I live, and, also because of this virus and all of this fear and these regulations, I am unable to move because no one really knows what's going on with the real-estate market in our state at this time, so it would seem. That all having been said, I am currently working on certifications in I.T.  since I can't see any other course of action. It does, of course, mean that I am having to go further into debt with more loans, but we'll see. Maybe it will work out better than my old career did. I still intend to take gigs if they should come up, and I am hoping to maybe record something again soon, but I just don't know. I guess what really has me angry at this time is that I had my entire life invested in this music  career, went to berklee College of Music, graduated from there, and was doing well at it until all of this happened. Now, I am having to go, in essence, back to school and take out more loans, in the hopes that this will work out better. Once I get my certifications, the work would be primarily done from home, so that's a good thing. I also know that there were two other blind students who recently graduated from the same program I am working on and they are doing quite well with it. I've had two classes so far and they're actually really a lot of fun and quite educational. So, if I have seemed combative, that is not my normal it all. I am just sick and tired of all this, and am pissed that I can't currently perform for live audiences, and cannot be certain when that will happen again. If I have offended anyone here, please know that it was not my intent.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector