Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Consider it this way regarding the masks and social distancing.

What are you losing in wearing a mask? very little. You might not be showing your face, masks can be uncomfortable, and if you are smart, you might have to do a little more laundry.

if you are not wearing a mask and taking precautions in this pandemic, what are your risks? 1. as many pandemics throughout history have shown, you are more highly at risk not only to receive the infection, but to spread it as well. Some have said (incorrectly) that asymptomatic isn't a thin. Let's assume, to make the argument stronger that it is true and you can't have asymptomatic cases. Even so, even with similar diseases like the common cold and flu (which are very similar in how they spread)  you are contagious not only before you start having symptoms, but after you are felling better as well for a few days. This is why the anti-vacination argument that "I'll keep my child home if they  are sick" does not work because the kids can spread their diseases before they actually start feeling bad, and the same is true of Carona.

For the regulations as we open up with Carona, the safety guidelines are for most of us, at worst, an inconvenience vs. potential spreading of the disease (making it last in the world longer and thus leading to more deaths)  if we don't follow the regulations.

And for our musician, there have been a few ideas that other have pushed around. If you record, get together with your band and record sessions, or give streamed youtube, twitch, or other service concerts to your fans via the internet. It isn't quite the same as a concert venue, but it is better than nothing and you will be able to keep up your public visibility and maybe earn a few bucks while you're at it.

But just think about the safety regulations this way. You've got inconfenience as a downside forfollowing them, and the lengthening of the outbreak and potential for more deaths for you or those around you if you don't. as I see it it becomes a no-brainer at that point.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector