Re: I have a deep desire to build higher quality games for blind people.

Mainstream publishers have us beat by miles simply because their market is far larger than the audiogames market. I'd be surprised if we had more than 10000 blind gamers, and they measure their sales in hundreds of thousands or often millions. To my knowledge, we also don't have any companies that have teams of developers working on things or are actually a business. I could be wrong and maybe someone actually does have a business license, but what I've seen so far are single developers working on games alone.

When there are millions more blind people in the world and we've got 4 or 5 big name companies with business licenses that can toss 10's of thousands of dollars at a budget for a game, this arguement might work. But until then I simply see it as the difference between wanting to make a living off your games verses doing it as a hobby. As I've said before, it's fine if you want to make money selling your games. Just don't expect e veryone to agree that money makes quality. Action52 anyone?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameDev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameDev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector