Re: I have a deep desire to build higher quality games for blind people.

Bladestorm, I might not be thinking of the same thing, but I've registered my Kaldobsky LLC company as an official "software/hardware" business.  I think some of the other developers have done the same (or at least have given off that impression).  In the end though, even if we qualify as the kind of official businesses you were thinking, we are still limited to 1 and 2 man teams.  At least I can't think of anyone ever talking about being in a 3-man development team (I'm talking about programmers specifically, not sound guys and so forth).

When you view money as effort, which CAE Jones already alluded to, it really does make sense.  If you sell a product to 100 people, and they pay $30 for it, then you have earned $3000 worth of "effort".  Now that doesn't always translate into the product itself being higher or lower quality, but there is 3000 units of effort available to spend on making that product before th e designer has to throw themselves into the donation/charity camp.  If the same developer had sold their product to 10,000 people, they have 100 times as much "effort" at their disposal.  Not everyone is willing to simply donate their time and effort toward a project, which is what would happen to the developer if his project required more effort than he was going to bring in from sales.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GameDev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector