Any way to make coding on MacOS non-painful?

Hey folks,

Got an amazing donation for my Godot accessibility and game development efforts over the last week, and now I have a Mac Mini plus iDevice to try bringing Godot games to MacOS/iOS. It's been about 10 years since I've used MacOS, though, and it's a bit of a learning curve. Does anyone here find it workable for coding? If so, any tips to share?

I've installed VSCode and have settings sync activated, so I already have a somewhat familiar environment. Right away, though, I notice that indentation isn't spoken, and I can't find any way to enable it. Am I right in concluding that it isn't possible?

At this point, I'm beginning to think that I may just set up the integrated SSH server and use VSCode remotely from my Linux box. That will get me most of what I need, though naturally there are some tasks I can't do remotely. If it is at all possible to make things workable locally then I'd love to give it a shot, but MacOS isn't looking good as a local development target and I don't think it's just because I haven't touched it in a while. Happy to be proven wrong.

Thanks for any tips.