Re: Any way to make coding on MacOS non-painful?

Agree with 4. I used to have a MacBook Pro, late 2013. Used MacOS on it for some time and switched back and fourth between Windows and MacOS (I even tried Linux on it). Linux was unstable as hell (primarily the wi-fi driver -- it kept randomly disconnecting me for no reason, and that was the only driver available for it), and MacOS was..... just a PITA to work with. And Objective-C is utterly horrendous. Not as bad as LISP but still, its ridiculously over-complicated and confusing, and I suspect the only reason Apple even made it was to be "unique" and to not be forced to use C/C++ everywhere like everyone else was doing. To my knowledge, Objective-C does not offer anything that C++ doesn't, and only ridiculously complicates what C++ might've done. Swift is an improvement, sure, but I always get stuck when I want to write a cross-platform bit of code, want to write the Mac bits and go, "Uh... should I use C++ here or Objective-C?" And, of course, to make things worse, Apple has no C documentation for using their APIs, at least none that I could find. So don't bother working with Mac -- its a waste of money and time and as Liam said, its shameful that Apple forces you to spend $1000.00 plus just to make iOS apps if you happen to not have a Mac at the time. Really a good way to turn people off from making apps for your platform unless those people are die-hard fans or have the money to throw around.