Re: Muds

Thanks for that.

That's something I found with Valhalla as well: once you've explored the places it's safe to explore, you just grind the same zones over and over. Valhalla also has a mechanic where you die of old age but can effectively reincarnate yourself. To do this though you need to collect the heads of specific mobs and sacrifice them to the gods. Each head gives you points and you need a huge number of points to be ready for your rebirth when you die, or when you get fed up of your character as it is and voluntarily rebirth yourself. The point is that of all the magnificent world, only around 5 zones have heads where it's even worth thinking about collecting them for rebirth points. This means, if you don't have much time to play, you find all your time taken up running the same zones for XP and heads to sacrifice. Valhalla is a huge MUD with loads of really thematic areas to explore but the options for what you can do outside of combat are l imited so my enthusiasm for it only lasts a few months at a time.

The point is that I guess I'm saying that I'm used to it so don't mind doing it in Alter. It's also fun to know about that "review corpse" command since lots of the quest areas (imp fields, cemetery, kobold camp and underground temple as examples) have almost all agro mobs. I'll definitely check out that "nearby" command as well to see how it works.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dentin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : morecoffee50 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : morecoffee50 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector